Brookings Institution India Centre, an independent, non-partisan research organization in New Delhi invites applications for the position of Fellow to undertake independent research related to one or more Brookings India research areas. We are particularly interested in applied economics and public policy research with strong focus on India.
A Fellow’s principal responsibilities generally include:
• Defining, developing, and undertaking creative, policy-oriented research
• Publishing journal articles, working papers, books, policy briefs, blogs, and short commentaries targeted to policy makers, academics, and the general public
• Tracking policy developments in relevant areas and serving as spokesperson in those areas
• Engaging in related policy outreach activities and speaking engagements
• Participating in the design of expert group consultations and working groups
• Supervising and providing mentorship for a research assistant
• Participating in in-house research reviews
• Participating in the preparation of foundation and other types of grant proposals
A Fellow is expected to have the following qualifications:
• A doctoral degree in economics or a related discipline
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in a research environment.
• A record of applying quantitative research methods to real-world problems to identify practical and action-oriented solutions
• Demonstrated ability to take a project to completion
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently within a small, closely-knit organization and to contribute to the development of new initiatives
Interested candidates should forward their CV, along with a research paper, to Shamika Ravi (email@example.com ) and Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org ). Please use “Fellow Application” in the subject line of email correspondence.
Brookings Institution India Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.