***This posting has now been closed***
The Brookings Institution India Center in New Delhi is looking for a Research Associate who will support and engage in research areas related to the non-fuels mining and minerals sector under the guidance of a Programme Director.
Associate positions are mid-level positions at Brookings India, typically for researchers with a Master’s Degree and 5-10 years of experience. They work closely with the Programme Director, who will head the research domain.
- The candidate should ideally hold a Master’s Degree in chemical /metallurgy engineering/physical sciences /economics and associated fields with minimum 5 years of work experience in research or industry.
- The individual must have a proven ability to conduct original policy research and analysis and engage in the public policy debate.
- Ability to deliver on time.
- The individual must be able to undertake in-depth research projects, produce research papers, policy briefs and papers and organise issue-focused meetings, conferences, and other events.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English.
Interested candidates should forward their CV, along with along with a term /research paper to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Research Associate, non-fuel minerals and mining”.
The vacancy is for a position in New Delhi. Last day of submission is October 31, 2019. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Brookings Institution India Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.