The Brookings Institution India Center in New Delhi is looking for a Research Associate in International Trade who will support and engage in research areas related to international trade and industrial policy.
The candidate should hold an Masters Degree in relevant subject, with work/research experience of at least two years.
The Terms of Reference include:
- The individual must have a proven ability to conduct original policy research and analysis and engage in the public policy debate.
- Together with scholars at Brookings India, the individual should be able to undertake in-depth research projects, produce research papers, policy briefs and papers as well as current commentary, and organise and lead issue-focused meetings, conferences, and other events.
- The scholar must be able to work on a number of issues and projects simultaneously, both individually and as part of a team.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English are essential, and proficiency in another language is preferred.
- Strong understanding of economics and statistical concepts.
- High level of comfort with statistical software.
Applicants should submit a full resume, a list of publications, a writing sample, and a one-page description of research interests and their relevance to policy.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Research Associate, International Trade”.
Salary will depend on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Starting date is negotiable. We are looking to fill the vacancy at the earliest.
Last date for sending in your application is Sunday, September 24, 2017.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.[card-list]