***This posting has now been closed***
The Brookings Institution India Center in New Delhi is looking for a Research Assistant who will support and engage in research areas related to the non-fuels mining and minerals sector under guidance.
RA positions are entry-level positions at Brookings India, typically for researchers with a Master’s Degree and/or 1-2 years of experience. The RA will work under a Programme Director, and undertake independent research as well as any activities related to project implementation and support.
- The candidate should ideally hold a Master’s Degree in chemical /metallurgy engineering/physical sciences /economics and associated fields and/or 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Data base management and updation
- Support effort for vertical efforts spanning events, coordination with stakeholders, publications, etc.
- Should be comfortable using statistical models and packages, and able to demonstrate conceptual and theoretical proficiency.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English.
Interested candidates should forward their CV, along with along with a term /research paper to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Research Assistant, non-fuel minerals and mining”.
The vacancy is for a position in New Delhi. Last day of submission is October 31, 2019. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Brookings Institution India Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.