***THIS POSTING IS NOW CLOSED***
Brookings Institution India Centre, an independent, non-partisan research organisation in New Delhi, invites applications for Research Assistant/Associate who will undertake research and policy analysis on topics of development economics, reporting directly to a Senior Fellow/Fellow.
Duties for this position include:
a) research assistance (Research Assistant) or conducting original policy research (Research Associate);
b) drafting materials and co-authoring working papers, blogs and other publications;
c) assisting the Senior Fellow/Fellow with the management of projects; and
d) leading and assisting in event coordination, maintaining of database and other operational tasks as assigned.
- In collaboration with senior research staff, drafts material summarising research results on specific topics as assigned, for incorporation into working papers and project publications. Co-authors some papers, blogs and other publications.
- Provides analytical reviews and summaries of existing literature pertinent to the projects.
- Assists in the production of published papers.
- Locates and collects relevant documents and data from sources such as electronic databases, libraries, and government publications.
- Compiles, reads, abstracts, and organizes written material into bibliographic form and summaries.
- Maintains electronic bibliography files.
- Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- With staff assistant and scholar, plans and organises briefings and other meetings.
- Attends external meeting and prepares summaries and analyses.
Communications and Outreach
- Update web pages in support of the scholar’s area of interest.
- Conduct Internet searches for related information to support documentation presented in related web pages.
- Write and edit summaries to be posted on pages relating to scholar’s work.
- Gather related bibliographic, link and current event information in support of pages to be created for a scholar’s topic area.
- Assist with event coordination, preparing event reports and maintaining database etc.
- Assist in any other operations tasks as assigned
Research Assistant Position:
Master’s degree in Economics or equivalent or two-year job experience after a Bachelor’s degree. Competence to undertake research assignments with little supervision.
Research Associate Position:
The candidate should hold an MS in Development Economics or equivalent degree, with minimum 2 years work experience in research. High level of comfort with statistical software such as Stata or R.
The individual must have a proven ability to conduct original policy research and analysis and engage in the public policy debate.
The individual must be able to undertake in-depth research projects, produce research papers, policy briefs and papers as well as current commentary, and organise and lead issue-focused meetings, conferences, and other events.
Strong computational skills and experience required. Proficiency in statistical software STATA and Excel mandatory. Working knowledge of databases (NSSO, ASI, DLHS, NFHS) desirable. Excellent writing and independent research skills and experience required. Familiarity with relevant data sets and skills in statistics required.
Applicants should submit a full resume; a list of publications; a writing sample; and a one-page description of research interests and their relevance to policy.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Research Assistant/Associate, Development Economics”.
Last Date for applications: July 30, 2018
Brookings Institution India Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.