Brookings Institution India Centre is an independent, non-partisan research organisation based in New Delhi. The Brookings India Center in New Delhi is an affiliate of the Washington, D.C.-based Brookings Institution, the Number One ranked research institution in the world. Established in 2013, Brookings India serves as an important platform for developing and disseminating policy research and recommendations for India.
Position Summary: The Graphic Designer will be responsible for designing all in-house publications and work in tandem with the Communications team to design interactives, infographics and other similar elements for our website and social media. Ideating and creating new products across all platforms is a fundamental requirement for this job.
- Design for three different research products – Report, Impact Series paper and Discussion Note. The expectation is to design different templates for the cover and inside pages of the three products. Once the templates are designed, we will need your help in customising to each product. The frequency of these will be once a month. This will also include sourcing cover pictures, which will be different each time.
- Complete design of Brookings India Annual Report. Frequency of this will be once a year.
- Complete design of the Brookings India Brochure. Frequency will be 3-4 a year.
- Complete design of about 6 one-pagers a year.
- Design of any event backdrops – once or twice a year.
- Infographics and social media posts
- Ideating and creating interactives (GIFs/infographics) for different verticals
- Video Editing skills
Mastery of Adobe’s Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects etc.) Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, and Power Point) required. Understanding of design requirements, tasteful selection of elements and pictures, ability to work under the constraint of time if the situation demands it. Capacity to learn other types of software programmes.
Must possess ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines; ability to work well with others; initiative; discretion; creativity; out-of-the-box thinking; mature judgment and professional demeanour.
Interested candidates should forward their CV and portfolio to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please use “Graphic Designer” in the subject line of email correspondence.
Last date of Application: 31st of March, 2019.
Brookings Institution India Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.