Brookings Institution India Center is looking for a freelance copyeditor and proofreader. The role requires strong copyediting and proofreading skills to clear varied-length Brookings India publications in a time-bound fashion.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or similar area
- At least 2+ years of work experience as copyeditor; work experience in research / academic / publishing environments preferred
- Excellent command over the English language (grammar / usage)
- Eye for accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent command over Microsoft Word
- Ease with PDF readers required
- Interest in current event and international affairs preferred
Please send in your CV and samples of your writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Brookings India
The Brookings Institution India Center is a public policy organisation based in New Delhi, India. Our work is centred on the motto, “Quality, Independence, Impact”. Brookings India scholars work on several domains including Development and Governance, Trade and Investment, Foreign Policy, Energy and Sustainability, Digital Economy and Regulatory Issues.
Brookings India is an affiliate of the Washington, D.C.-based Brookings Institution, the oldest independent think tank in the world. The Brookings Institution has been consistently ranked as the Number One think tank in the world for nine consecutive years.
The aims of the Center are to:
- Raise awareness of key policy debates and challenges in India
- Set and shape the policy agenda amongst policy influencers and decision makers
- Design high quality solutions to the key challenges facing India in an independent, non-partisan manner