***THIS POSTING IS NOW CLOSED***
Brookings Institution India Centre is an independent, non-partisan research organisation based in New Delhi. The Brookings India Center in New Delhi is an affiliate of the Washington, D.C.-based Brookings Institution, the Number One ranked research institution in the world. Established in 2013, Brookings India serves as an important platform for developing and disseminating policy research and recommendations for India.
Position Summary: The Development Officer assists the Chairman and scholars in identifying opportunities for fund-raising. The officer manages and prioritises grant relations, project deliverables and deadlines, prepares talking points, briefings and grant proposals.
- Maintains an overview and understanding of Brookings India’s research and activities in order to advise on fundraising opportunities.
- Monitors philanthropic trends that relate generally to Brookings India’s work and vision.
- Identifies fundraising opportunities and researches new prospects for support; assesses the potential and capacity of existing and prospective donors.
- Advises scholars on fundraising opportunities.
- Identifies and arranges meetings with Brookings India scholars, prepares talking points and briefings, conducts follow-up, manages correspondence and contact with donors; serves as key contact for fund-raising agreement process with donors.
- Maintains complete files on fundraising activity in Raiser’s Edge, including correspondence with donors, meeting notes, proposals, and background information.
- Writes concept notes, solicitation letters, proposals and grant agreement in coordination with other departments – finance, communications, admin and research
- Advises, plans, and implements events and other outreach opportunities for prospects and donors; follows-up with participants.
- Works with scholars to track deliverables, manages grant modifications or special reporting needs, and liaises with the funders if modifications or extensions are needed.
- Maintains relationships with prospects and donors.
- Participates in the drafting strategies and documents for effective outreach with prospects and donors.
Master’s degree preferred in management, business development and international relations, or a related field. 4-5 years of experience in public affairs, corporate relations and/or political research. Experience with grant writing preferred.
Mastery of Microsoft Office (MS) Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, and Power Point) required. Superior oral and written communication skills required, including proven ability to conceive and write grant proposals and funder reports. Capacity to learn other types of software programmes.
Familiarity with budgeting or demonstrated capacity to learn. Experience with monitoring and evaluation processes desired. Must possess ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines; ability to work well with others; initiative; discretion; mature judgment; entrepreneurial spirit; and professional demeanor and high level of comfort working with high-profile individuals.
Interested candidates should forward their CV and cover note to Human Resources (email@example.com). Please use “Development Officer” in the subject line of email correspondence.
Brookings Institution India Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.