Brookings Institution India Centre, an independent, non-partisan research organisation in New Delhi has established a research vertical for natural resources, energy, sustainability, and development. Under this vertical, it is currently carrying out research on coal, natural gas, renewable energy, power, and infrastructure. It has decided to extend its research agenda to cover non-fuel minerals and mining.
Towards this objective, Brookings India is now looking to recruit a Senior Consultant with expertise in the area to implement the research programme under the guidance of the Programme Lead.
Major objectives of the programme include:
- Defining a strategic vision and developing a long-term policy roadmap of Indian mineral and natural resources sectors.
- Undertaking research across the supply chain (domestic exploration, production and consumption); regulatory environment; governance structure; operational, logistic and environmental issues; and trade and fiscal issues.
- Ascertaining global best practices and establishing relevance and implementation within the Indian context.
- Tracking policy developments in relevant and related areas.
- Developing a policy roadmap for decision-makers at all levels of governance (central, state, district bodies).
- Influencing decision-making through a combination of publications (brief commentaries, policy briefs, case studies, working and journal papers and blogs), policy outreach activities, engaging with stakeholders (industry, government, NGOs, academics), and speaking engagements.
- Postgraduate / Doctoral degree in chemical /metallurgy engineering/physical sciences /economics and associated fields.
- At least 10-15 years of relevant experience.
- Preference for those who have published or have relevant skills & domain knowledge.
- Commitment towards timely completion of tasks assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Interested candidates should forward their CV, along with along with a term /research paper to email@example.com with the subject line: “Senior Consultant, non-fuel minerals and mining”.
The vacancy is for a position in New Delhi. The hired individuals may be given the option of working from the place of their current locations.
Last day of submission is August 25, 2019. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Brookings Institution India Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.