Brookings Institution India Centre, an independent, non-partisan research organisation in New Delhi has established a research vertical for energy, development, and sustainability.
Under this vertical, it is currently carrying research on coal, natural gas, renewable energy, power, and infrastructure. It has decided to extend its research agenda to cover minerals and mining.
Funding for this agenda has been secured for at least two years. The expectation is during the course of the research, additional funding will be secured to continue the programme beyond the two-year period.
Towards this objective, Brookings India is now looking to recruit a full-time senior Consultant who will work under and assist the Programme Director in implementing the research programme. The responsibilities will be to build up the academic and professional staff (in-line with secured funding) to achieve the following:
• Define a strategic vision and developing a long-term policy roadmap on Indian mineral and natural resources sectors.
• Undertake research across the supply chain; domestic exploration, production, and consumption; regulatory environment; governance structure; operational, logistic and environmental issues; trade and fiscal issues; – all related to the mineral and natural resource sectors.
• Ascertain global best practices and establish relevance and implementation within the Indian context.
• Track policy developments in relevant and related areas.
• Develop a policy roadmap for decision-makers at all levels of governance (central,
state, district bodies).
• Influence decision-making through a combination of publications (journal articles,
working papers, books, policy briefs, blogs, and short commentaries), policy outreach activities, engage with stakeholders (industry, government, NGOs, academics), and speaking engagements.
• Develop grant proposals for additional funding.
• Postgraduate degree, preferably at the doctoral level in chemical/metallurgy/engineering /physical sciences/economics and associated fields.
• At least 15 years of relevant experience in a research environment.
• Record of publications or other relevant evidence to establish the application of quantitative and qualitative research methods and identification of practical and action-oriented solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to manage a team and bring a project to completion.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Interested candidates should forward their CV, along with a research paper to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Consultant”.
Last day of submission is February 28, 2020. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.