Brookings Institution India Centre, an independent, non-partisan research organisation in New Delhi has established a research vertical for natural resources, energy, sustainability, and development. Under this vertical, it is currently carrying out research on coal, natural gas, renewable energy, power, and infrastructure. It has decided to extend its research agenda to cover minerals and mining.
Towards this objective, Brookings India is now looking to recruit a full-time Senior Fellow/Fellow to lead and implement the research programme. The responsibilities will be to build up the academic and professional staff (in-line with secured funding) to achieve the following:
- Define a strategic vision and develop a long-term policy roadmap on Indian mineral and natural resources sectors.
- Undertake research across the supply chain (viz domestic exploration, production, and consumption); regulatory environment; governance structure; operational, logistic and environmental issues; trade and fiscal issues; – all related to the mineral and natural resource sectors.
- Ascertain global best practices and establish relevance and implementation within the Indian context.
- Track policy developments in relevant and related areas.
- Develop a policy roadmap for decision-makers at all levels of governance (central, state, district bodies).
- Influence decision-making through a combination of publications (journal articles, working papers, books, policy briefs, blogs, and short commentaries), policy outreach activities, engage with stakeholders (industry, government, NGOs, academics), and speaking engagements.
- Develop grant proposals for additional funding.
- Postgraduate degree, preferably at the doctoral level in chemical/metallurgy /engineering /physical sciences /economics and associated fields
- Must be familiar with data analytics, data visualization
- At least 10-15 years of relevant experience in a research environment
- Record of publications or other relevant evidence to establish the application of quantitative and qualitative research methods and identification of practical and action-oriented solutions
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and bring a project to completion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Please use “Fellow Application” in the subject line of email correspondence. As part of the selection process, shortlisted candidates will be requested to do a seminar at Brookings India in New Delhi. The vacancy is for a position in New Delhi.
Brookings Institution India Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.