Brookings India is offering Research Internships to young promising individuals interested in conducting policy research in the area of coal based energy and sustainability.
Interns will work under the guidance of Brookings India Fellows and Associates, and assist with conducting basic research, quantitative analysis, editing and post edits support on a writing; providing administrative support to the vertical; tracking news and media for updates; and provide support for organizing events.
Internships are available for 6 weeks to 3 months.
Undergraduates/Recent graduates with a background in Mining Engineering/Environmental sciences and Engineering/ Power Systems >and Electrical Engineering/Energy policy and Law and Energy and Resource Economics will get preference.
Students studying in both Indian and international universities are encouraged to apply.
Apart for the above educational criteria candidates must display the following traits:
- Willingness to learn and work outside comfort zone
- Strong communication skills (Written and verbal)
- Ability to write articles and present their work on PPTs
- Ability to multitask and collaborate with others
- Proficiency in MS Word, PPT and Excel
- Understanding and application, through coursework/projects/works, of statistical methods is however required
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Brookings India does not sponsor student or work visas.