The Brookings Institution India Center in New Delhi is looking for a Research Associate in Health Economics who will support and engage in research areas related to the health sector.
The candidate should hold an MS in Development Economics or equivalent degree, with considerable work experience (10 years) in health sector research.
The Terms of Reference include:
- The individual must have a proven ability to conduct original policy research and analysis and engage in the public policy debate.
- The individual must be able to undertake in-depth research projects, produce research papers, policy briefs and papers as well as current commentary, and organise and lead issue-focused meetings, conferences, and other events.
- Strong candidates will be comfortable working with high-ranking decision makers, senior government and diplomatic officials, current and potential funders, and Brookings India senior management and scholars.
- The scholar must be able to work on a number of issues and projects simultaneously, both individually and as part of a team.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English are essential, and proficiency in another language is preferred.
- Strong understanding of economics and statistical concepts.
- High level of comfort with statistical software such as Stata or R.
- Familiarity with India public datasets e.g. NSSO, NFHS, ASI etc.
Applicants should submit a full resume; a list of publications; a writing sample; and a one-page description of research interests and their relevance to policy.
Applications are due by 15 February 2017 and should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line: “Associate Fellow, Health Economics”.
Salary will depend on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Starting date is negotiable; however, we would like to fill the position at the earliest.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.