Brookings India is looking for a Data Analyst who can play a leading role in data management in the Health, Energy & Sustainability and Foreign Policy verticals. Data Analyst works closely with fellows who lead research projects in various research verticals.
The primary function of the Analyst will be data management and extraction (via web scraping) which forms key research inputs for researchers. Additionally innovative data visualization to be shared on Brooking India social media platforms will be expected from the Data Analyst. The assistant is also encouraged to generate analytically rigorous and policy relevant outputs, such as standalone technical papers, news articles, and policy briefs.
Education, Experience and Skills
A base list of desired skills and background includes:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Public Policy, Energy or allied domains.
- Proficiency in R, specifically in tools like ggplot, shiny & leaflet packages
- Experience in data management, data cleaning, scraping and visualization strongly desired
- Sound server management skills required
- Past work with health, energy datasets are a plus
- Proficiency in time-management, team building, planning and negotiating, and commitment to quality and rigour.
- Excellent communication and writing skills and ability to distil complex research into impactful digital content
- Ability to work under uncertainty of objectives and deadlines (ability to independently take charge).
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter and a portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line: Data Analyst.
The applications will be considered on a rolling basis and suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. Candidates who apply at the earliest will be given priority.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Brookings Institution India Centre is an independent, non-partisan research organisation based in New Delhi. The Brookings India Center in New Delhi is an affiliate of the Washington, D.C.-based Brookings Institution, the Number One ranked independent research institution in the world. Established in 2013, Brookings India serves as an important platform for developing and disseminating policy research and recommendations for India.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.