The Research Assistant undertakes research and policy analysis on topics of development economics, with a focus on health, for a Senior Fellow/Fellow. Duties for this position include: a) research assistance; b) drafting materials and co-authoring working papers, blogs and other publications; c) assisting the senior fellow/fellow with the management of projects; and d) leading and assisting in event coordination, maintaining of database and other operational tasks as assigned.
- In collaboration with senior research staff, drafts material summarising research results on specific topics as assigned, for incorporation into working papers and project publications. Co-authors some papers, blogs and other publications.
- Provides analytical reviews and summaries of existing literature pertinent to the projects.
- Assists in the production of published papers.
- Locates and collects relevant documents and data from sources such as electronic databases, libraries, and government publications.
- Compiles, reads, abstracts, and organizes written material into bibliographic form and summaries.
- Maintains electronic bibliography files.
- Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- With staff assistant and scholar, plans and organises briefings and other meetings.
- Attends external meeting and prepares summaries and analyses.
Communications and Outreach
- Update web pages in support of the scholar’s area of interest.
- Conduct Internet searches for related information to support documentation presented in related web pages.
- Write and edit summaries to be posted on pages relating to scholar’s work.
- Gather related bibliographic, link and current event information in support of pages to be created for a scholar’s topic area.
- Assist with event coordination, preparing event reports and maintaining database etc.
- Assist in any other operations tasks as assigned
Master’s degree in Economics or two-year job experience after a Bachelor’s degree in the same subject. Competence to undertake research assignments with little supervision.
Strong computational skills and experience required. Proficiency in statistical software STATA and Excel mandatory. Working knowledge of databases (NSSO, ASI, DLHS, NFHS) desirable. Excellent writing and independent research skills and experience required. Familiarity with relevant data sets and skills in statistics required.
Applicants should submit a full resume; a list of publications; a writing sample; and a one-page description of research interests and their relevance to policy.
Please send in your applications to email@example.com with the subject line: “Research Assistant, Health Economics”.
Last day of submission is 07 July 2017. Only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Salary will depend on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.