Brookings India is seeking to hire a Program Associate to coordinate all foreign policy-related activities at Brookings India. The Program Associate is expected to work with the Foreign Policy fellows at Brookings India to help manage programmes, administration, development, and communications.
- Coordinate all activities of the foreign policy team at Brookings India.
- Maintain detailed records of project activities, including deadlines, deliverables, publications, meetings, contacts, etc.
- Plan public and private events and meetings with multiple high-level participants. Duties include drafting and sending out invitations; coordinating with the operations team to reserve rooms; communicate with speakers and partners; prepare contracts and ensure payment; and make logistic arrangements
- Write notes, event summaries, and content for external audiences
- Assist in gathering information for and drafting of grant reports and proposals, as needed
- Assist with layout, formatting, and proofreading papers, briefs, and other published materials
- Schedule scholar appointments and manage calendars, arrange travel, process reimbursements for scholars
- Receive, screen, and route phone calls; receive and disseminate information related to projects; respond to inquiries from the public; receive staff and visitors
- A bachelor’s degree required with a demonstrated interest in Indian foreign policy issues; a master’s degree is preferable but not required;
- A minimum of 1-2 years of relevant full-time work experience required; demonstrable experience in a non-profit or academic setting (e.g. conference or event planning) preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication and people skills;
- Ability to work independently and with a team; ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision;
- Ability to use judgement and anticipate problems, suggest solutions;
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Discretion and demonstrated ability to interact diplomatically and professionally with senior government officials;
- Microsoft Office experience required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- English language fluency required.
To apply, please email your resume, a cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Program Associate, Foreign Policy.
Last day of submitting applications will be October 20, 2018. Due to a high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.