Brookings India is looking for a highly motivated individual for a 6 week summer internship to provide support for our fundraising and outreach activities. The intern will provide support in identifying opportunities for fund raising to further Brookings India’s research agenda. The intern will work under the supervision of the Development Officer to:
- Conduct background research and prepare briefs on new potential donors;
- Regularly update and maintain the development database;
- Assist in developing and updating communications material required for development;
- Provide general support and assistance to development.
- Undergraduate degree in the Humanities or Social Sciences (with a preferred background in aspects of Development Studies or Development Communications)
- Some exposure to the non-profit, fundraising space in India
- Strong research and writing skills
- Good organisation skills, and ability to multitask
- Ability to work with databases and spreadsheets
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
Please email your resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with Intern-Development (Fundraising) as your subject line.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Brookings India does not sponsor student or work visas.
Brookings Institution India Centre is an independent, non-partisan research organisation based in New Delhi. The Brookings India Center in New Delhi is an affiliate of the Washington, D.C.-based Brookings Institution, the Number One ranked independent research institution in the world. Established in 2013, Brookings India serves as an important platform for developing and disseminating policy research and recommendations for India.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.