Brookings India is hiring two interns for the Summer Session (between May-August) for the period of 10-14 weeks with the Foreign Policy and Security Studies Vertical for its existing research programme – Sambandh: Regional Connectivity Initiative. The programme focuses on data-backed research on a diverse range of indicators including, political, economic, socio-cultural, and security that drive India’s relations with its neighbours. The programme is headed by Dr. Constantino Xavier, Fellow, Foreign Policy and Security Studies.
Primarily, the interns are required to conduct research and data analysis on select indicators of the research programme. The interns will also attend think tank events and research workshops, and support in administrative work related to Sambandh.
This is an excellent opportunity for interns to:
- Develop skills in in-depth research methodology and data analysis.
- Conduct policy-oriented research and devise policy recommendations.
- Attend Brookings India events and network with experts in the field.
- Interact with other senior researchers at Brookings India to learn about inter-disciplinary research.
Interns with exceptional performance may also get an opportunity to co-author a Brookings India publication.
Qualification and Desirable Skills
- Undergraduate and graduate students with major in international relations, political science, economics or any other related field.
- General understanding of research and data analysis with exemplary writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in international relations and foreign policy.
- Experience or publications on topics related to regional connectivity will be an added advantage.
- Eagerness to be creative and take initiatives for research work.
Send your CV and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By midnight, 25 April 2020 with subject line – ‘Foreign Policy Internship, Summer Session 2020 – Sambandh’
- Candidates will be informed of their selection by the last week of April.
- The interns must be available to work full time between May-August 2020. The number of working weeks should range between 10-14 weeks.
- This is a paid internship.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Brookings India does not sponsor student or work visas.