Job Profile and Description
An intern working in the field of finance helps in the development and implementation of policies and practices for financial management, company audit, payroll, budget control, accounting and so on. By getting hands-on experience by working under a finance director, interns can practically apply their theoretical knowledge of financial laws, government policies in their day-to-day work at a finance company.
Internships are for a period of 6 weeks only.
Duties and Responsibilities
A finance intern will work under the supervision of the Head of Finance
- To collect, understand, process, verify and report accounting related-information
- Assistance may be required in the preparation of monthly or weekly financial reports and audit report
- Develop and utilize spreadsheets, databases and other computer applications
- Manage specialized information, reports, forms dealing with fees, billing etc.
Skills and Specifications
- Expertise in numbers and good math skills
- Interns must have knowledge of the basic principles and practices of accounting and financial analysis
- Must be able to collect, evaluate and interpret data, in both statistical and narrative form
- Should be capable of preparing files and maintaining records and documentation
- Should have good written and oral communication skills
- Other skills required are related to problem solving, entering and verifying data, knowledge of computers, various software applications and standard office equipment
Education and Qualifications
Finance interns will be commerce graduate or CA Inter or CA Final Year students
To apply, please email your resume, a cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Finance Intern.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those candidates selected for phone interviews will be contacted.