Brookings Institution India Centre is an independent, non-partisan research organisation based in New Delhi. The Brookings India Center in New Delhi is an affiliate of the Washington, D.C.-based Brookings Institution, the Number One ranked research institution in the world. Established in 2013, Brookings India serves as an important platform for developing and disseminating policy research and recommendations for India.
Position Summary: The Development Officer will be responsible for assisting the Chairman and scholars in identifying opportunities for fund-raising across all Brookings India research areas. The individual will be required to create a full-fledged development strategy and advocacy plan for the Institution. The profile necessitates close working and coordination with finance, admin, communications and research teams.
- The individual will be required to have a complete overview and understanding of Brookings India’s research and all the proposals of scholar activities.
- Catalogue and identify all the HNIs, individuals and corporates who could be targeted for fundraising and also for those falling under the ambit for CSR funding. Maintain relationships with current and prospective donors via events and other outreach opportunities to facilitate fund-raising.
- Prepare documentation of funding proposals, donor agreements, solicitation letters, prepare pamphlets, brochures and other materials, including for social media and have a clear understanding of Brookings India branding guidelines, both for the institution, and for donors.
- Monitor philanthropic trends that relate generally to Brookings India’s work and vision.
- Work with scholars to track deliverables, manage grant modifications or special reporting needs, and liaises with the funders if modifications or extensions are needed.
Master’s degree preferred in management/business development/ international relations, or a related field. 4-5 years of experience in public affairs, corporate relations. Experience with grant writing preferred.
Mastery of Microsoft Office (MS) Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, and Power Point) required. Superior oral and written communication skills required, including proven ability to conceive and write grant proposals and funder reports. Capacity to learn other types of software programmes.
Familiarity with budgeting. Experience with monitoring and evaluation processes desired. Must possess ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines; ability to work well with others; initiative; discretion; mature judgment; entrepreneurial spirit; and high level of comfort working with high-profile individuals.
Interested candidates should forward their CV and cover note to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please use “Development Officer” in the subject line of email correspondence.
Brookings Institution India Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.