The Brookings Institution India Center in New Delhi is looking for an Associate Fellow in Energy and Sustainability who will engage in research areas related to energy and sustainability issues.
The candidate will have a proven track record of research and publications, in addition to experience engaging multiple stakeholders across government, industry, academia, civil society, etc.
Given the position is based in and focuses on India, research on Indian issues is strongly preferred. The candidate should have an MS in Engineering or Economics or allied field, or an equivalent degree, with minimum five years work experience in energy and sustainability. A Ph.D. is considered in lieu of work-experience in exceptional cases.
The Terms of Reference include:
- Proven ability to conduct original policy research and analysis and engage in the public policy debate. A demonstrated ability to conceive, plan and undertake research individually.
- Undertake in-depth research projects, produce research papers, policy briefs and papers as well as current commentary, and organise and lead issue-focused meetings, conferences, and other events.
- Comfortable working with high-ranking decision makers, senior government and diplomatic officials, current and potential funders, and Brookings India senior management and scholars.
- Able to work on a number of issues and projects simultaneously, both individually and as part of a team. The candidate would also be expected to manage, oversee, and mentor junior researchers, and also lead/support grant-writing. The candidate will be expected to manage teams and handle large research grants, demonstrated experience of which is preferred.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English are essential, and proficiency in another language is helpful.
- Strong understanding of multiple facets of the energy domain, with domain expertise in one or more sub-sectors.
- Strong analytical or modelling skills, and comfort with quantitative and qualitative research.
Applicants should submit a full resume; a list of publications; a writing sample; and a one-page description of research interests and their relevance to policy.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line: “Associate Fellow, Energy and Sustainability”.
Brookings Institution India Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.